A highly-advanced economy
The city has successfully managed to retain strengths in the traditional manufacturing industries (aeronautics, materials, health) while at the same time developing new sectors (digital, green, creative and cultural industries), making Nantes a strategic player in France to respond to today and tomorrow’s challenges.
Growing sectors of excellence in the region
- Digital economy (French Tech label)
- Sustainable development
- Agro-food industries
- Sciences of the sea
- Composite and metallic materials
- Creative industries…
An attractive destination on all fronts
- 1st French naval construction cluster
- 1st port on the Atlantic coast
- 1st industrial growth in France
- 1st growth in digital employment in France
- 2nd most dynamic metropolis according to France Challenge, June 2015
- 2nd French aeronautics cluster
- 1,420 digital companies
Presence of major international companies (STX, Vivalis, LU, Airbus, Alstom, Eurofins…)
1st higher education cluster in Western France
- 5,000 researchers in public and private establishments
- 60,000 students (10% foreign students)
- 200 laboratories including 75% of the laboratories at the University of Nantes, in all fields (Human and social sciences, Life sciences – Health, sciences and techniques), were graded A or A+ by the Agency for the Assessment of Research and Higher Education (AERES)
- 10 Prestigious universities (Grandes Écoles)
- 1st higher education cluster in the Great West of France
A university endowed with a globally recognised research sector
Our experts are happy to assist you through the bidding process for the organisation of your conference.
We have an advisor in each sector to help you draft your bidding documents:
Olivier LE FOCH
Contact to : 06 16 34 88 55
- Structures: Atlanpole, Audencia Group, IFREMER Centre Atlantique, IFSTTAR, Centre INRA Angers-Nantes, Oniris, University of Nantes, Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique
- Specialities: Agriculture-Agro-food /Animal health /Sustainable development /Wood & Derivatives / Architecture-Regional Development / Construction-Building industry-real estate / Civil engineering / Education-Training / History-Geography /Fashion-Luxury goods / Linguistics-Phonetics / Literature / Logistics / Trade-Distribution / Management-HR Consulting-Audit / Law / Social life-Democracy.
Contact to : 06 22 79 03 63
- Structures: Nantes University Hospital (CHU), Pôle Atlanpole Biotherapies, University of Nantes, Institute of Cancer Research.
- Specialities: Medicine -Human health.
Olivier LE FLOCH
Contact to : 06 16 34 88 55
- Structures: Atlanpole, Audencia Group, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, Ecole des Mines de Nantes, EMC2 cluster / IRT Jules Verne, Pôle Images & Réseaux, University of Nantes.
- Specialities : Art-Audiovisual / Communication-Information / Economics-Accounting-Bank-Insurance-Finance / Industry /Mechanics / Materials / Naval construction-Aeronautics /Automotive / Creative digital industry (TIC) / Energy / Sciences-Physics-Chemistry / Technology-Engineering / Sport.
See his LinkedIn profile