La Cité Nantes Congress Centre, a sustainable venue
A MANAGEMENT SYSTEM REWARDED FOR ITS EXCELLENCE
Corporate Social Responsibility at the heart of our strategy
A pioneer in the field, La Cité Nantes Congress Centre has, for the past 16 years, shown an ongoing commitment to Quality and CSR, two activities embedded in La Cité’s practices. As a result, our teams are widely recognised for their human and professional values.
Quality and CSR are deeply rooted in La Cité’s management patterns. La Cité is certified ISO 20121, ISO 9001 and received the “Charte Qualité et Développement Durable” from France Congrès. Every year, internal and external audits are conducted by AFNOR.
La Cité is the only French convention centre among the 30 AIPC certified centres worldwide, to have been awarded the AIPC Gold Quality Standards Certification (International Associations of Convention Centres).
An eco-friendly building
As an environmentally friendly venue, La Cité Nantes Congress Centre prides itself on a sustainable management of the building and facilities.
Infrastructure optimised management
- Efficient fluid management with the Centralised Technical Management System (CTMS)
- 100% green energy
- Steam urban heating produced by waste incineration
- Controlled water consumption
- Energy-saving lamps (LED)
- Rooms with natural daylight
Waste sorting :
- + 26 types of waste with selective sorting
- 33% of waste is recycled
Signatory to the Regional Daytime Cleaning charter
Easy access for people with reduced mobility
- Facilitated access
- Dedicated areas in the rooms
- Magnetic loops for hearing-impaired people
- Adapted reception counters
- Braille waste signage
La Cité Nantes Congress Centre encourages environmentally friendly events in order to reduce their environmental impact.
Local eco-friendly contractors
- Reduction of carbon footprint for delivery services
- Eco-designed stands
- Local flower arrangements
- Recyclable carpet
- Catering, eco-responsible communication...
- Is Part of cleaning services
- Selective sorting for heavy and bulk waste (organisers, exhibitors)
Eco-friendly furniture and settings
- Signage printed with environmentally friendly ink, recyclable materials
- Carpet-free booths
- LED spotlights
- Reusable installations...
- Coffee breaks with local organic products or from fair trade products
- Porcelain tableware
- Limited food waste
- Food redistribution system to associations
CLEO, the event performance calculator
- Developed by UNIMEV (the French Meeting Industry Council), the calculator provides an estimation of the impact of events
- With the support of specialised and committed partners, we can provide full assistance to help you stage an eco-friendly event.